Volume 5, Issue 1 (Jan-March 2016)                   JCHR 2016, 5(1): 29-35 | Back to browse issues page

XML Persian Abstract Print

Download citation:
BibTeX | RIS | EndNote | Medlars | ProCite | Reference Manager | RefWorks
Send citation to:

Moghateli M, Ateshbahar F M, Yoshany N, Movahed E, Jadgal K M, Izadirad H et al . Incidence Rate of Cutaneous Leishmaniasis in Chabahar within 2008 to 2010 . JCHR. 2016; 5 (1) :29-35
URL: http://jhr.ssu.ac.ir/article-1-281-en.html
1- , jadgal_kh@yahoo.com
Abstract:   (5330 Views)


Introduction: As Lieshmaniasis is considered as a huge hygienic problem and since epidemiological studies are effective in controlling this disease and taking prevention steps, the present study deals with cutaneous lieshmaniasis in Chabahar, Sistan and Baluchestan from 2008 to 2010.

Materials and Methods: The current research has been conducted as descriptive-analytical, based on victims of cutaneous leishmaniasis during previous years in health centers of Chabahar, by extracting the demographic and epidemiologic information, recorded in Chabahar health centers, and analyzing them via SPSS 18.

 Results: From total victims of cutaneous leishmaniasis under the study, the total incidence rate in male 1.14 and 0.9 per 1000 in female. The highest total incidence rate of the disease were in the age range of birth to 4 years (with incidence rate 1.96 per 1000) and the lowest one in the age range of 5 to 9 years (with incidence rate 0.7 per 1000). Most damages (wounds) were in the hands and feet and the majority of the patients had two wounds (with incidence rate 0.66 per 1000). The studied patients were Iranian and Afghani with the majority belonging to the former. A sum of 241 patients (37%) lived in cities with the remaining 412 (63%) residing in the villages. Moreover the Highest incidence rate of the disease were reported in winter, 2008, with least ones in autumn, 2010.

Conclusion: Based on the study results, disease incidence rete in Chabahar during 2008 and 2010 had a descending trend, which can indicate an improvement in educational-hygienic status as well as following hygiene practices by the people.

Full-Text [PDF 284 kb]   (1666 Downloads)    
Review: Research | Subject: Epidemiology
Received: 2015/12/21 | Accepted: 2016/03/14 | Published: 2016/03/14

Add your comments about this article : Your username or Email:

Send email to the article author

Rights and permissions
Creative Commons License This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.

© 2022 CC BY-NC 4.0 | Journal of Community Health Research

Designed & Developed by : Yektaweb